5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
The mind governed by the Spirit is LIFE AND PEACE.
Romans 8 shares that the tug of war of sin and righteousness exists–it always will exist. No one is perfect. It’s up to me to practice and spend more time on what the Spirit is sharing through prayer and God’s Word–not the problem or insult.
There is so much opportunity to be angry, sad, bitter, jealous, and/or frustrated. I can literally live life offended, or I can live life in peace through the restorative process of Jesus’ presence and Word. Every word that comes from my mouth should be filled with the life-giving Spirit!
The Holy Spirit quickened my heart to call a friend. We had an early bird coffee. My obedience to reach out was a blessing. She ministered to me in broken areas, and we cheered each other on in the name of Jesus. The mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
Interestingly, two of my coworkers came into the Starbucks at the same time. They never saw me with my sweet friend. I never saw them. They mentioned they saw my car in the parking lot. I was literally sitting by the door. To me, the Spirit not only led me to this divine meeting but protected our time in a public place. We had church in Starbucks! We spoke a lot about God’s grace. When I returned to my car, three songs in a row were all about God’s grace. One of them was the song Amazing Grace. She sent me a text and said–“Don’t forget that wherever you are, you are the church.” One Spirit blessing after the other because of purposeful seeking of the Spirit.
God is faithful……
Spend more time in the Spirit and watch your life bring forth energy and peace.
- Play Christian Music
- Download APPS for your smart phone that include sermons and teachings and listen often
- Read God’s Word daily
- Exercise and breathe in prayers and worship
- Refuse to be a repository for gossip, negative talk, and complaining
- Speak life into situations that are dark
- Acknowledge you are not perfect and the tug of war exists–there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus
- Consider man–he is not your meter of approval, acceptance and worth
- REALLY believe that the Spirit lives within you and He will do great and mighty things! Claim it!