Oh my goodness! What joy to watch my beautiful Adelaide picking peaches in our backyard! This spring and summer our plants and trees have bloomed with the bounty of goodness! I’ve re-posted this recipe several times. It never fails to deliver, and even if you make mistakes like an extra cup of sugar, it is still yummy. I love you Victoria! You are patient with me. It was good to laugh with my girls.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
We even found some blackberries!