This elegant tian, a French dish of layered vegetables, is delicious warm or at room temp.
Southern Living JUNE 2014
- Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Hands-on:35 Minutes
- Total:1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium-size Yukon gold potato, sliced
- 1 medium-size zucchini, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onions, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and onions begin to caramelize.
2. Spoon onions into a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Toss together potatoes and next 4 ingredients.
Arrange potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in a single layer over onions, alternating and overlapping slightly. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Rapid Rise Yeast Pizza Crust: Submitted By: Fleischmann’s® Yeast
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or as
1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup very warm water (120 degrees F
to 130 degrees F)
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil