Thanks to generous friends, Victoria received a kitchen aid mixer/food processor! Between my love for cooking shows (especially Martha Stewart) and her new processor, we had some FUN in the kitchen! Enjoy this fabulous recipe by Martha Stewart!
Martha Stewart’s Devils Bundt Cake:
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12-cup nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk boiling water into cocoa powder until smooth; whisk in sour cream. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
Then beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with 2 additions of cocoa mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until tops springs back when lightly touched, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes, then turn our onto rack and let cool completely.
3. Bring cream to a boil in a medium pot. Add chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. Add salt and stir until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes, then pour over cake allowing the glaze to drip down sides and cover cake. Let set 3 hours at room temperature or 1 hour in refrigerator.