This weekend is the weekend before the big day–the wedding. This weekend has been filled with last-minute flower shopping, just the right earrings for her and her sisters, rehearsal dinner dresses, shoes, haircuts, and an “at home” spa night with classic wedding movies!
…and a daddy who wanted to make Martha Stewart’s giant meatballs. Yuummmmmmmmmmm. The abundance of the meal reminded me of the blessings we have and the great joy and anticipation of the wedding day! Celebrate! Enjoy!
The greatest joy was finding just the right thing in unique shops on Cary Street.
We love finding that special book, item, or card. My little girl found the sweetest book on how ideas can ultimately change the world–believe and follow your dreams! We read that together with great anticipation of our future and God’s will for our lives.
We also read funny quotes on cards and laughed.
To end the day with a loving meal was a reminder of the best place — home, and the good things we create when we are willing to share of our gifts are treasured. Thank you to my husband for filling our home with the sweet aromas of his love and gift of cooking.
- Olive oil, for baking sheet
- 3 cups (1/2-inch pieces) crusty white Italian bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground beef (80 percent lean)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, minced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside.
Place bread in a bowl and add milk to moisten. Chop bread into small pieces no larger than 1/4-inch and place in a large bowl. Add veal, beef, pork, egg, onion, parsley, oregano, cheeses, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, gently mix until well combined.