Top 10 Things Their Marriage has Taught Me:
1. No matter what you work it out.
2. Learn to love each other despite differences, struggles, disagreements.
3. It takes work and forgiveness to build a strong marriage, don’t give up on each other.
4. Opposites attract and God uses those differences to support and encourage the relationship, and grow you individually.
5. Put Jesus first and raise your children to love Jesus.
6. Pray together. Know that storms will come, and through prayer and faith you will make it through. Don’t give up in the middle of the storm – push through, press on.
7. Enjoy the journey and don’t sweat the small stuff. Forgive daily and don’t keep a record of wrongs.
8. You’ll always worry about money, raising children, and building a strong marriage,but over time you learn to trust God in all things, and your FAITH can move mountains. (Also as a side note: You learn that old houses will always have plumbing issues, embrace it.)
9. Learn to laugh at each other and with each other and be okay with both.
10. And, “drum roll please……..” from the wise words of Ruth Graham – Billy Graham’s wife – Divorce is not an option, murder maybe, but never divorce!
A song my father wrote my mother: (He is singing the song!) Click on link and enjoy!
DAD AND MOM: READERS WOULD SURE LOVE TO HEAR YOUR STORY ABOUT HOW YOU MET, YOUR WEDDING DAY, AND ANY ADVICE! SEND IT ON!